Tuesday, October 14, 2008

my desires


Sometimes - even when I feel that my desires are starting to become more about God's will, it turns out that maybe I'm not as close to His will as I hoped...
Let me explain, I thought that God opened a door for me to go to my favorite place on earth this year, I could get off from work - there was going to be a way on the other end for me to work through the time I was way, and I had the funds... So God was opening the door - right?
Well then I get a stipulation - you have to travel with someone else.... but no one else is going when it would help me!!! - So this is the point where if my desire is really for God's will - I would just lay it down and not worry about it. But I'm really sad that I can't go... so I'm working on really just surrendering my desires to God's infinantly more wise will.
Well - God knows more than me even when I think I'm pretty smart... ;)

this obviously isn't a photo of me - but rather one of my very best friends - Drew... but I thought it was appropriate!

No comments: