Thursday, December 18, 2008

another year older

ok - so I haven't blogged in about a month - and this is going to be short - but I thought I would just let everyone know that I'm coming to terms with becoming 30... it has taken a bit - but I'm ok with it now. I also wanted to give a great big shout out to my friends Ceta and Trits from the south that came to make my b-day extra special - God has truly blessed me with wonderful, faithful friends - from all over!

I also want to say - I love winter. I love snow, I love knitting, I love warm soft blankets, I love shoveling, I love pictures in the snow, I love driving in it... The list could go on and on. I will add photo's later.

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

aw... I love all the things you mentioned except driving in the snow and shoveling it. :)

Kristi said...

Is your birthday in Dec. or January? I think I am out of the loop... Happy birthday, either way!

The Von Eight said...

A very happy belated birthday, Nicky! Lots of love to you and remember, your age is just a number. The only thing that really makes you feel old is when you see people grow up and get married who you remember as little kids :)
Big hugs from me to you!
S

Nicky Story said...

Common Becca! ok so right now I'm not a bit fan of shoveling either - but soon I will like it again (once I can walk properly again!)
Sorry Kristi - my birthday was December 2nd. Thank you all for the kind words! and thanks S.... it's so true! I was at Ben's wedding a couple months ago - and boy I felt old! ;)

The Von Eight said...

Actually, Nicky, Ben was one of the people I was thinking about, too - I remember when he was born and holding him and babysitting him, etc. Yes, those are the things that make you realize that time really does go by fast :)