Sunday, January 04, 2009

New Year's Resolutions

I know it's dangerous... thinking that is.
New Year's resolutions... everyone does them - how many keep them? The research I've read say about half of us keep them past the 2 month point. Kinda interesting - but probably not surprising. So I made a few - just like always, one of them is that I've started trying to take a picture of everything I eat... could be entertaining - probably will be very dull to most...  The other has to do with my relationship with God, I am going to read from God's Word every day. In the past I do well with this for a bit - but in the end - it usually slips away, don't get me wrong, I read it - when I have time... or when something comes to me... or at church... or when I know I'm going to talk to someone that will require me to have some scriptural backing... you know what I mean. But one thing that I struggle with is having a routine - getting in the habit of doing things - mostly doing things that are good for me. Going to be on time, getting up in time to actually have a morning routine and not just getting up and rushing to work, eating right - naturally as well as spiritually - and lets face it - it takes more time to do that, you have to plan and actually work to eat right, you can't forget and "just grab something somewhere..." and you can't just sit on the couch and watch whatever is on. You have to prepare food ahead and you have to put effort into reading instead of watching TV. My friend Joie does much better at this than I do, but she is a good example for me.
So here is one of the things that I'm working on to keep myself on task, I've started reading Oswald Chamber's My Utmost for His Highest and actually reading the scripture and praying and thinking about what it's talking about, not just reading it every once in a while when I'm bored... That's the hope for my morning routine.

No comments: