Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Answers?

Sometimes one of the hardest things for me is to not have an answer. I just finished with my Introduction to Christian Doctrine midterm and I was thinking about the fact that I thought I did ok on it. I knew all the concepts, I knew the definitions, I knew what the correct answer was for most of the questions. (no I don’t think I got an A! I’m a Solid B student!) But I was thinking about the fact that there are so many things I don’t know the answer to. My friends, Drew and Tim, and I had a conversation yesterday about a topic that was a bit difficult for us. I don’t know the correct answer to the questions we were asking of each other, I only know how I feel and what I feel God has shown me through the Bible on it… But my knowledge seems so limited at times.

I guess that is where faith comes in. I think it may be one of the hardest things for me, to trust and have faith, believe that God knows the answers and that maybe I don’t need to know them all right now. I like to have answers – I like to help people – I like to be the one people come to… but if I don’t know the answers, if I am the one needing help, I feel very inadequate. That’s one reason why I don’t like to admit when I’m sick – or if I need help with anything, it makes me feel like I’m not good enough. Well I will have to come back to that thought later, gotta get back to work!

No comments: