Tuesday, October 25, 2005

struggle

My friend’s mom passed away suddenly last night. It was announced in chapel today. We had just started praying for her on Sunday, she had been diagnosed with cancer a short time ago.

This has hit me pretty hard. I have struggled with anyone losing a parent for as long as I can remember. My father has struggled with his health since before I was born. And I have always feared losing him, my mom, my sister or my brother more than any other fear that I have… This is one of the hardest things that I think anyone can go through. My parents are my foundation – aside from God – and to think of them not being there, tares me apart. I pray for my friend and his family right now.

God please touch this family, give them strength and courage to go on and not give up. Let them know that you are God, you are still there, you are still loving, you are still in control.

There is no way to know why some things happen, but knowing that God can see so much farther and deeper than we can always comforts me.

No comments: