Friday, May 26, 2006

Moving woes and joys

The only good thing about moving is that you really see that people care. I really didn't know how I was going to get everything moved into my new house by myself. But it quickly became apparent that I didn't have to!
that's really what I love about God, I love that even when I don't have faith in Him to work a situation out, He is still there. His love is not contingent on my response. It is unconditional and doesn't change. I do not need to fear being left out or not on His list!
I am just struggling through how to offer that same love to those around me. If in fact I want to be a conduit for the love of God, then I need to be less conditional in my affection. That is a tall order for me. But I really think that it's possible.
I am going to miss my apartment. I have so many wonderful memories in it. My memories with my roommates go with me, but it's not the same. The time that Corrie & Brian, Jen and I spent together in that apartment are priceless to me. I praise God for giving me such wonderful kindred spirits in the midst of some very tough times! I praise God for my mom and dad always being so helpful to lend anything that was needed (and hopefully still lend helping hands for the house!). I praise God for my sister for all the love she gives continually to me. (see this is why I don't blog often! I'm crying so hard I can't even see anymore!). I praise God for Lissa for being a great pretend roommate! I praise God for Mike, there have been so many things that he has taught me over the years. This move is closing a chapter in my life. I am very sad and yet extremely excited. Doesn't that sound strange?! God has blessed me with so many people in my life that are continually there for me - no matter what! They love me and support me. And I pray that I can live up to all of that!
Blessings to you all and goodbye to my little apartment!
Nicky

No comments: