Monday, February 18, 2008

Big Deal

So I have been struggling with wanting to upgrade my computer and camera this year. It seems to be constantly on my mind. My computer is almost 8 years old and my camera isn't far behind. My struggle on the computer end has been wanting a MAC - but not being able to justify the added cost... And the problem with upgrading my camera was similar - I couldn't justify the cost of a new camera even though it would work more consistently as well as work better under certain situations. But last week while we were dealing with my father being in the hospital, I dropped my camera on the ground and it broke the lens. It is completely useless!!! So, long story short - insurance is going to help me pay for a new lens. I will be ordering my new D300 camera within the next few days - the drop did quite a bit of damage to that as well... As for the computer it will have to wait a bit yet - but I think things are looking up for it! ;)

On another note - I ran across a new book that I want to read "Scratch Beginnings" by Adam Shepard. It looks very interesting and compelling, I looked up Big Brothers Big Sisters as soon as I finished watching the interview.

I thinks the reason it looked interesting to me is because I'm actually praying about adopting a child (or 2!). I really feel like it's something the Lord is calling me to. It's a bit scary, in that I am single and already taking care of my Grandma. But I really feel that God doesn't give us more than we can handle. So I just keep praying for his will.

I went to a Christian Private Adoption Agency last week and found out that they do not do domestic adoptions to single parents. So we will see where the Lord leads from here!

5 comments:

Moriah A. said...

Your it! I have now tagged you! Go to my blog to see what I mean!

An Old Fashioned Girl said...

That's awsome Nicky!! You would be such a great mom!! Keep us updated.

The Von Eight said...

Nicky, I just found your blog and I love it! I am coming up to see grandpa and grandma next weekend so maybe I'll be able to see you!
Love you so much,
Hanna

Nicky Story said...

Margie! Thanks Darling!!! If it happens - you will have to take your aunt status very seriously! ;)
Love ya!

Nicky Story said...

Hanna - I'm so excited you are coming up - you better ask grandma and grandpa if I get to see you?!?!